Coming soon – a post where I slobber over all the best SF&F that I read from this past year. But the much shorter list to write is my own award eligible work from 2016, when I made my first pro sale! Here are the big three that I had out this year.
- “Tomorrow’s World“, Daily Science Fiction – Les Miserables meets SFF.
- “Dear Ammi“, Baen.com – 2016’s Jim Baen Memorial Award Winner. Asteroid miners, raiders, and a future society that’s failed to deal with the same inequalities we deal with today.
- “To Touch the Sun Before It Fades“, Persistent Visions – A distant scientist waits for news of a family tragedy mid-mission.
And if you happen to be reading for the Rhysling Award, too, I had two poems out as well:
- “The Dragon”, F&SF (September/October 2016)
- “The Cut Worm Forgives the Plow”, Asimov’s (May/June 2016)